Are you looking to complete a project that involves precise and accurate angle cuts of wood or any other material? Else, you’ve to perform the cutting of pipes, planks, and other things. For all those stuff, you’ll have to add a bevel miter saw into your tool kit.
There are a lot of things that you should consider while buying a miter saw. For example, what size you should look for? Sliding or non-sliding? Single bevel or double bevel? Every buyer wants to grab the best tool with the best deal. But first of all, you should analyze your needs and the purpose of buying the saw.
A miter saw is a type of power saw that is loved by every professional woodworker and can easily found in garages and workshops. It is said to be the most reliable type of saw as it offers high accuracy and efficiency. In this article, we’ll be comparing the features provided by single vs double bevel miter saw to help you find the right one.
Know About Single Bevel Miter Saw
There are specific jobs that require to make angled cuts in wood or any other material — for example, making of crown molding or picture frame. To get these types of jobs done, one needs to own a single bevel saw. And believe us, having a miter saw will improve your woodworking tasks. Whether you’ve to make the right or left-angled cut, the pivoting feature of the saw will make the job possible.
However, users will be able to make bevel cuts but only in one direction, and that’s what it is called single bevel miter saw. In simpler terms, this saw will tilt only to one side (left side mostly). Hence, you can make bevel cuts in only one direction.
A single bevel saw can be used to make bevel cuts and miter cuts separately, or both at the same time as well. And this is the reason why it is said to be reliable and handy. However, if you wish to make bevel cuts on both sides, then you’ve to turn the material manually.
We would recommend users to go with this type of saw when they don’t have many tasks to do. So it is a perfect choice for doing general domestic repairs and improvements. All and all, users will be able to do most of the jobs that a double bevel saw can do, but they’ve to spend more time.
- It is one of the affordable options available.
- A perfect machine for general home repairs.
- It is very simple to use.
- You have to flip the material to change the cutting side.
- The cutting process is comparatively slower.
- Not recommended for cutting long pieces of any material.
Know About Double Bevel Miter Saw
One segment where single bevel miter saw failed to deliver was time. But if you’re a professional woodworker who can’t afford delay in their job, then double bevel miter saw will act as a savior for you. All those projects with deadline submissions need a hand of this saw. Users don’t have to flip the material to change the cutting side, which saves time for them. And this is the only factor where you can separate single bevel with this saw.
Double bevel miter saw comes with a unique design that makes it very convenient to tilt both sides (right and left). Because of this, users can easily make bevel or miter cuts in both directions. The most common application of this saw is crown moldings. This saw shows some great results while making uniform cuts for pieces(useful for molding). On the other hand, what’s more, convincing is it sums up the job very quickly.
Single bevel miter saws will be a perfect pick for you if you don’t have a large volume of work. But for extreme work events, we always recommend using this one. After all, we don’t want our buyers to regret the product after making the purchase.
- You don’t have to rotate or flip the material.
- The cutting process is easier and faster.
- The cuts made are accurate and precise.
- Only to be used by professionals.
Difference Between a Single vs Double Bevel Miter Saw
Time is something very crucial when you’re working on a project. Speed for a bevel miter saw doesn’t mean that how fast the blades move. Blades of single bevel and double bevel miter saw moves with the same speed. The time taken by the single/double bevel saw decides about the speed of the saw.
- Single Bevel Miter Saw – The only major issue users face with a single bevel saw is slower working. As said earlier, people working with this saw have to flip the material to change the cutting side, and that makes the process lengthier.
- Double Bevel Miter Saw – We have discussed so much about both the saws, and are sure that you can guess about the speed of this saw. No doubt, this saw is faster as compared to single beveled ones as it allows you to cut in any direction. Moreover, you don’t have to control the material manually or physically. However, it gives you the freedom to adjust the position of the material.
It is the most important factor when you’re choosing between the single bevel and double bevel saws. You must ask yourself a question that is your saw capable of making accurate cuts? If yes, then you’re on a safe track. But if no, then your entire project could be in danger.
- Single Bevel Miter Saw – You can relate the speed of single bevel miter saw with its accuracy and precision. As you are supposed to flip your material after every cut, precision is going to be affected. You might think that accuracy in cuts can be achieved by spending large amounts of time with the task. However, this could even increase the chances of inaccuracies.
- Double Bevel Miter Saw – If you’re looking for more precise cuts and design, then your search ends with this saw. There’s no doubt that users will have a flawless woodworking experience with this. It is great for those professional workers who need to accomplish high-end projects with deadlines. Since you’ll finish the job at a faster pace, chances of inaccuracy also get reduced.
While buying any product, we think the cost is a deciding factor for all the buyers out there. But it is a proven fact that what you get is what you pay. A beginner and a professional will have different needs, and their needs will determine the cost of their saw.
- Single Bevel Miter Saw – For all those guys who have a limited budget, a single bevel miter saw will be a great pick for them. Single bevel saws don’t offer you the best of convenience and management; hence, they are a less expensive choice. For tasks that don’t need many cuts in the workpiece, this saw is the best and affordable deal for the buyers.
- Double Bevel Miter Saw – Whenever you talk about this saw, you can’t keep professional woodworkers separated. And a professional woodworker can’t compromise or play with the efficiency and accuracy of cuts of the workpiece. Since they offer high convenience to the users, they are costlier when compared with single bevel saws. But if you prefer quality over budget then buying a double bevel saw will be an excellent investment.
Wrapping It Up
Whenever users plan to buy a miter saw, they start debating on the single vs double bevel miter saw. The performance of both the saws is similar, so purchasing both of them is a useless decision. However, there are some key differences and points that you should look after before going out for purchase. It is upon you to make a wise decision.
A single bevel miter saw is less expensive and is ideal to be used by the beginners. It is highly capable of doing small home repairs and improvements.
On the other hand, a double bevel saw is a little more expensive and is the first choice for professional workers. It can be used to complete tasks like crown moldings. Moreover, double bevel saws are known to finish the job at a faster rate.